Diaconal Vision & Mission
As Ministers of Mercy it is our vision that by God’s enabling we may be able to offer to our members as well as to our local community and even to the world “a cup of cold water” when they need it most. The early church recognized that a specific body of servants (Deacons) was needed to oversee the practical care ministry (helps) of its community, to care for their welfare. The Deacons of RBC endeavor to address the practical needs of those in our community while supporting them spiritually. They also serve to be a catalyst for mercy awareness to RBC leaders and the congregation at large.
Our responsibilities are:
Provide assistance and encouragement to the RBC community facing difficult circumstances.
Provide vision and leadership in awareness of the practical needs of our area.
Types of assistance offered:
· Prayer, guidance and accountability on practical matters.
· Financial assistance with basic expenses.
· Financial assistance with counseling services.
· Budgeting guidance.
· Networking with other support services and organizations.
· Help with meals for members in special circumstances.
· Encouraging and organizing trips to local mercy ministries.
· Encouraging and organizing drives for local mercy ministries