You can register for an in person Sunday Service time using the button above or this link: https://reopen.church/r/T1mw4RG2
Here are a few things to keep in mind for in person services:
- In person service times: 9am and 11am
- Online services will continue streaming at 10:00 AM, but with a week delay, until we get our new AV equipment. So, this Sunday online (7/5) will be Gerard’s message from last Sunday (6/28).
- Please sign up if you’re coming, so we can keep track and stay within the NJ capacity limits. Each service can hold up to 50 people (this includes the speaker, praise team, AV team, greeters, and everyone else in the building on Sunday).
- As soon as you register, you will receive a confirmation email. If you don’t see the email or have trouble registering, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wear a mask in the building: Your mask should cover your nose and tuck below your chin. If you do not have a mask, ask one of the greeters on Sunday.
- For parents with younger kids (10 and under): Please stay with your child(ren) when in the building (before, during and after service and when going to the bathroom).
- Sanitizing the building after services: Moving conversations outside, right after the service is over, will help in this process!
On June 28th, 2020 we reopened our doors for Sunday services.
Here are the details for meeting together again at RBC:
Here’s what you can expect:
- Service times: 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM.
- *Same as before, but with limited seating capacity.
- We ask that you sign up for a service in advance by visiting this link: https://reopen.church/r/T1mw4RG2
- Shortened service time: 1 hour max, to allow time for sanitation and fresh air in between each service.
- Seating: Chairs are set up in groups of 3 to 4, with the recommended space between each group (6 feet).
- In general, those leading singing and speaking during the service will not be wearing a mask. This includes the praise team, announcements, speaker and communion talk. We have given extra distance from the stage area, to allow for this.
- Pre-recorded parts of the service: This will vary each week, depending on participants’ availability.
- Tithes and Offerings: You can continue to give online or by mail or place it in the box in the foyer.
- Communion: You can pick up a pre-filled juice and wafer cup at the start of service (we’ll have a table when you walk in). When it’s time for breaking of bread, simply peel back a layer for the wafer and then another layer for the juice.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Let us know if you can help greet and set up communion cups at the start of services
- No refreshments will be offered
- We will be sanitizing the chairs with an odorless spray and wiping down door handles and any surfaces likely to be touched
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Let us know if you can help sanitize between services
Health and Safety Precautions :
- Masks are required for all entering the building. If you don’t have one, ask us.
- 6 feet social distancing will be in effect throughout the building.
- If you are feeling under the weather or have a fever, please stay home and join us online for services.
- Sanitizing stations: We’ve ordered dispensers and sanitizer, however they will not arrive in time for our first couple services. Please bring your own to use as needed. Bathrooms will be stocked with soap!
- Parking: No changes have been made. You can park in the lot and on the street as usual, being aware of others around you.
Audio Visual Aspects:
- Services will still be recorded and posted on Facebook and YouTube each week.
- New cameras will be mounted in the auditorium to record services live on a Sunday. Online services won’t look quite as structured as before, however, the AV team is working hard to continue providing quality video and sound.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Let us know if you are interested in being a part of the AV team helping with sound, video or slides
Children and Sunday School: We will not be offering children’s Sunday school or childcare at this time. Kids are welcome at our main service. We will have a children’s bulletin and crayons to help those with shorter attention spans. Our plan is to resume Sunday school in the fall. For the summer, check out our online VBS: Virtual Summerama!
What if I don’t sign up for a service? Can I just show up?
Sure…but you may not get a seat. Those signing up ahead of time will help keep our numbers at a manageable capacity for social distancing (in accordance with the state regulations) and will get priority. We will have a few extra spaces set up for walk-ins, but that number is extremely limited. So, please sign up: https://reopen.church/r/T1mw4RG2
Will other ministries be meeting in person?
All other RBC ministries will remain online or on break for the summer. Individual ministry leaders will contact participants if an in person gathering has been approved by the elders. We hope to open most (if not all) in person gatherings in the fall.
For questions or to volunteer, contact: email@example.com